Welcome to the sixth edition of Kilkenomics - Europe’s first economics festival - which brings together some of the world’s leading economists, financial analysts and media commentators with some of our funniest, sharpest standup comedians. We’ve been called “Davos with jokes” and we wouldn’t disagree with that assessment.
Our informal, entertaining formats invite our audiences to engage and enjoy. As we like to say: it’s serious, but it’s fun too! Jump into Kilkenomics now and engage with as many shows as possible, equip yourself with the information and insight we hope can help us all make smart choices for our futures - inform and entertain yourselves.
Here’s a taste what the press has had to say about Kilkenomics:
- The Australian - “Davos with jokes”
- UK Sunday Times - “one of the oddest festivals anywhere, comedy with a pint and a point”
- San Francisco Chronicle - “an utterly bizzare idea but the public love it”
- BBC - “having a laugh despite the gloom”; “comedians give permission to the audience to feel comfortable”
- The Irish Times - "A little jewel where players manage to talk human without being patronising”
- BBC World Service - “having a laugh despite the gloom”
- Bloomberg - “Lenny Bruce meets John Maynard Keynes”
- The Guardian - “wildly successful”
- The Sunday Tribune - “laugh, I nearly defaulted!”